Hurricane Doria, why did you have to ruin our Labor day weekend?
Once you have stocked up on all the water, snacks (I’ve already eaten half of mine), and gas, it is time to relax and just hope for the best. The newscasters create enough stress, so here is what I will be doing to pass the time until everything (hopefully) goes back to normal after Hurricane Dorian.
Shop the Best Labor Day Sales
It is very unfortunate that Dorian had to ruin our labor day weekend plans, but it now gives us time to scroll through all the amazing labor day weekend sales that are occurring!
- Storets: 20% off site wide with code LABOR20. Valid through 9/2.
- SAKS: Take an extra 25% off your purchase with code EXTRA25. Valid 8/27-9/2.
- ASOS: 20% off site wide with code LABORDAY20. Valid through 9/2
Ughh, I know… I hate being THAT person, but hear me out! I don’t know about you but after laying in bed for too long I get a bit fussy! I think doing an at home workout is the perfect way to get your body juices moving between seasons 1 and 2 of whatever you’re binge watching.
- I have been LOVING Melissa Wood Health! I fell in love with her happiness, her kids and her healthy lifestyle on Instagram so much that I decided to giver her workouts a try. The best part is that anyone can do her time efficient “flows” from anywhere at their time!
- I discovered the PopSugar Fitness channel one night while binge watching YouTube videos and I am so glad I did! This channel is a gym. They have it all: yoga, cardio, boxing, dance, and so many more. PopSugar Fitness offers classes of all different time lengths and some taught by celebrity instructors that train Victoria Secret Angels. Ohh and it’s free (you’re welcome). So instead of having to leave your house to try out a trendy workout class, do it from the comfort of your bedroom or living room.
At Home Spa
After getting those steps in, take a nice shower or bath and just relax. I personally LOVE wearing a robe after a long shower because it gets me in the relax mentality.
Instead of playing nature sounds, all you have to do is listen to the rain noises provided by DJ Dorian. Stock up on not only water but on all your favorite hair and face masks. Take this time to just focus on YOU. Treat your skin and don’t let Dorian stress you out too much. He’s not worth your time or any frown lines!
Shop some of my favorite masks below!
My Watch List
So this is what the majority of us have planned to do, until (God forbid) the power goes out. Here is what I have been binge watching lately
- Sex & the City on Prime Video: I mean it just never gets old. It’s real, it’s funny and it’s a classic. For someone who lives for puns and loves 90s fashion, I cannot get enough of it. It is a classic and if you haven’t seen it from start to finish, I really recommend you do! I love all 4 leading ladies! Who’s your favorite character?
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Prime Video: Midge creates and holds together the perfect, fairytale life until her life takes a turn. I promise you will not stop laughing. This show is set in the 1950s, but still very relevant to today. It’s a personal favorite and I cannot wait for season three to come out in December!
- Dynasty on Netflix: CALLING ALL GOSSIP GIRL LOVERS! Fallon Carrington, played by Liz Gilles, is the southern Blair Waldorf. She is smart, conniving, and fashionable! There is so much glitz and corruption, I LOVE it!